EMRR began as a location recording service in 1993. I have produced many recordings at locations of the artists choosing,
including rehearsal spaces, nightclubs, living rooms, churches, and complete concert tours. I use high quality transformer
coupled mic splitters when needed, which can be essential for good isolation from PA systems in live recording. Equipment necessary to do remote recordings has generally gotten a lot more compact and easy to take on location, what with changes in technology over the years since I've started.
Please inquire if you think this might be the best option for your project.
A Sample of Remote Clients Includes:
- :: live club recording
- :: live recording / theater music
- :: EP and CD release, location recording of 'Four Thieves Gone' and new project.
- :: CD release, basic tracks recorded on location
- :: live recordings / gospel,
:: 2 CD releases and live recording
- Bus Stop :: live recording for video
- Didofare :: live recording of all-day concert and production of compilation CD featuring all artists
:: studio and live recording as 2nd engineer
- Emma Gibbs Band :: live club recording
- The Face of Change / Innisfree ::
CD, and live recording
- First Presbyterian Church, Winston-Salem, NC ::
live recording of Christmas music service
- Glass Bead Project :: live
:: NCAA basketball tournament press conference broadcast production
- Jet Crown Dixie :: CD release,
and live recordings
:: live recording, demo mixing, upcoming
- Jmac Productions :: 4 live
gospel remote recordings as assistant engineer
- The Johnsons :: CD release,
and live club recordings
- :: TV broadcast
productions and remote recording
- Ladies Auxiliary :: live club recordings
- Last One Standing :: live club
:: concert tour recording
:: 3 CD releases, and 2 concert tours
- :: location recording for upcoming release
:: live club recording
- Naked Angels :: multiple remote club recordings
:: freelance audio engineering
- Pearl Merchant :: remote recording
- Running From Anna :: 2 CD releases,
and 2 live club recordings
- :: live recordings
as 2nd engineer, event staging and production
:: remote recording for upcoming release
On Location photos:
Avett family recording session
Scott and Jim Avett recording at home
Jim and Scott Avett hearing a playback
Avett family during recording at home
Doug monitoring recording at Avett home
Avett family listening to playback
Sammy Walker session at John C. Campbell Folk School
Sammy Walker session recording gear
Doug monitoring Jason LeVasseur remote in upstate NY
The Avett Brothers w/ Paleface during 'Four Thieves Gone'
Seth and Ian listening to a take; 'Four Thieves Gone'
Mixing 10-piece band with choir for live TV broadcast
drums by the kitchen; 'Four Thieves Gone'
Avett's and friends adding group vocals; 'Four Thieves Gone'
talking out a new arrangement; 'Four Thieves Gone'
Seth and Scott tracking; 'Four Thieves Gone'
Seth Avett recording solo album in garage